Many of you out there have WordPress websites, however, many you take the easy road with WordPress. When I “hint” to the easy road, I am referring to WordPress plugins. Hopefully, this article will provide some great tips on running a WordPress site. Here is a list of WordPress tips!
Use as little amount of plugins as possible, especially plugins that interact with users.
Reason being are database connections, every time a user visits your website a connection to your database is created for that user. More visits you have the more connections are created, this can lead to long load times and time outs.
Optimization of your WordPress website.
Make sure you create a check list when creating a WordPress site.
- Make sure images are at a reasonable size.
- Make sure you activate permalinks.
- Limit the use of plugins.
- Mange your data base, clear log files.
If you are going to use plugins, use plugins that benefit you. Below is a list of some plugins that actually help you.
SEO by Yoast
– This is a SEO plugin that allows you to add search engine friendly data to your website. The data allows your website to be picked up by search engines such as Google.com.
Better WordPress Security
– Better WordPress Security helps novice users of servers and hosting accounts protect their website by changing configurations on servers and hosting accounts. These configurations will help your website stay protected from hackers.
– JetPack provides a ton of useful tools such as: image galleries, social media sharing, analytics for your website and more.
These are just a few tips to lead you in the right direction. WordPress itself is a tool that isn’t just for making blogs, its a tool that can be anything you want it to be.